911 Calling Suggestions
9-1-1 Emergency Calling User Tips
- 9-1-1 emergency calling using the Voiswitch Cloud Voice Service and or Voiswitch SIP Trunks (Voiswitch Voice Service) provides a more limited form of 9-1-1 emergency calling than that available using traditional wireline 9-1-1 emergency calling.
- Be prepared to provide your location and call back number to the operator who answers the 9-1-1 call since the operator may not have this information. The Voiswitch Voice Service will not automatically provide such operator with your correct address and telephone number.
- When making a 9-1-1 emergency call, do not hang up until requested to do so, and if you are prematurely disconnected you must call back.
- Provide address and telephone number information on or immediately next to all telephone sets attached to the Voiswitch Voice Service. This way, all potential users of the Voiswitch Voice Service can properly provide the operator with the appropriate information in an emergency.
- 9-1-1 emergency calls may not be available during a power outage and may not be available during an Internet service outage.
- 9-1-1 emergency calls made from locations outside of Canada and the USA cannot be completed by the operator. When Using the Voiswitch Voice Service outside of Canada and the USA, you must use an alternate wireline service to dial 9-1-1.
- Be sure you fully understand the limitations of 9-1-1 emergency calling using the Voiswitch Voice Service and make sure all other potential users of the service are also aware of these limitations.